The new year is upon us and some of you may be considering adding to your family this year! While being positive and excited to conceive is great, there are certainly a few things you can do to up your chances of getting pregnant faster! Read on for 10 tried and true tips to help get that baby in the oven asap!
1.Start Eating Healthy Now – Now is the time to lay off the fast food and start eating more healthy fruits and vegetables. This is certainly not the time to try that new fad diet. You want to make sure your body is getting all the vitamins and nutrients it needs to be strong and healthy. Make sure you’re getting plenty of iron, calcium, and protein as well. Keeping your body in great shape will make it easier for it to start creating life inside you.
2. Workout Regularly – Being overweight can certainly affect your chances of getting pregnant. Be sure to keep your weight at a healthy BMI (body mass index). If you’re overweight, start working on a plan to reduce weight.
Another important side note is to be sure to not overwork your body by exercising too much, as working out too hard and strenuously can also interfere with ovulation and decrease your chances of getting pregnant sooner. Stick to workouts of thirty minutes, three times per week.
3. Limit Caffeine – Caffeine can reduce the growth of a growing baby as well as constrict blood flow to the uterus. Excess caffeine may also contribute to fertility problems. If you’re a huge coffee drinker, switch to de-caf today!
4. Start Taking a Prenatal Vitamin Now – Morningpep has at least 400 mcg of Folic Acid, as well as extra vitamin B to help nourish a growing embro. Start taking your prenatal at least one month before you plan on getting pregnant.
5. See your Doctor for a Physical and Pre-Pregnancy Examination – Now is a great time to see your doctor and start setting up a plan for your pregnancy. Your doctor can also help show you necessary adjustments and changes you may need to take in order to help your body get pregnant.
6. Know your Cycle – Knowing your cycle can let you know when it’s a good time to have sex. You don’t need to overdo it here but do be sure to keep the intimacy fun and not a chore, the last thing you want is having it stress you out!
Also, as most of us already know, lay low afterwards in order to help semen travel more successfully. Missionary position is also a great known position for being effective at getting that egg fertilized. This may also be a good time to have your man checked by a physician too.
8. Avoid Toxins – Now’s the time to put your partner to work cleaning out the litter box. Start stocking up on green cleaners and avoid harsh chemicals and be sure to use gloves when cleaning.
Throw out any of your beauty products that contain harmful parabens, phthalates, and chemicals. If you’re a smoker, stop! And if you’re a regular drinker, you’ll want to limit your alcohol intake quite a bit now too.
9. Don’t Wait too Long to Get Pregnant – It’s no secret that waiting until your late 30’s and early 40’s can significantly decrease your chances of getting pregnant. If you’re not in the position to get pregnant yet, look into the option of freezing your eggs.
If you are a bit older, there’s a good chance you can still get pregnant, you just may need to work a little harder at these tips, be more patient, and possibly seek help from a fertility specialist.
10. Most Importantly, Listen to your Body – Your body knows what’s up and by paying attention to it, it can help steer you in the directions you need to go for successfully getting pregnant sooner.
Hopefully armed with these tips, you’ll be well on your way to welcoming a new bundle of joy to your family before the year is over! Sometimes pregnancy doesn’t happen right away, so do be patient, but know when it’s time to seek professional help if you’re struggling.View All